Saturday, March 24, 2012

Buying a Kindle in Canada: Warning Store Scam

So like many of you back in 2010, i was minding my own business and watching tv, when i first heard on the news that amazon made the kindle. At first i thought it was just a phase or gimmick. But later i saw the potential. An avid Canadian book reader like you, i wouldn't have to keep my spouse awake at night because of the light on, and I could take more then one book with me when traveling or on my breaks at work.

(update october 2012: I just had the chance to review the Canadian Ipad Mini by Apple )

Buying the kindle, my canadian mistakes

So I looked online everywhere, disappointed to see that we will have to wait a while before the kindle comes to canada. Right away i thought: My huge flee market or china town, they probably imported some! WRONG!

I was surprised to see that the kinlde i bought was some type of gadget that could only read text files i would upload through an sd card, not even a usb! so 200$ later, weeks of going back and forth with the manager of the store which we agreed on not to mention (as of 2011) because of their no money back, last sale policies.

I told the manager about how i will write this blog about buying a kindle in canada, and how i will do wrong to his name. So he finally agreed not only to give me my money back but he also revealed to me something that I felt stupid about later on: why dont I buy directly from the maker, from the source... Kindle Canada Store? @#$% ! Well we didnt have it available back then, but now, us precious little happy ebook reading canadians, can enjoy not only the safety of shopping online.

So I really hope you that this warning to heart, Canada, and never get scammed at a non-official STORE or re-seller... Always buy from the source, always buy from the maker: Amazon. And yes, there are plenty of ways to get to it, and this blog is full of it.

(In all honesty, After writing this article, you guys have been super supportive, my family and I were able to stay positive and got encouraged in a very tangible way when the season came when one of us lost a job like many of you, and you know i would never guide you to any other site then the people who actually made the kindle in canada available, but if you dont trust me, find out for yourself, test me, But thank you again)

These are some of the short articles that I recommend before you buy a kindle in canada:

 -Your fellow Canadian Kindle reader, and writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment